Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some of our favorites from this week:
- One in two consumers who utilize social media channels for customer service want an actual response.
- Customers willing to spend 21% more when there is good customer service
- 93% of respondents said that companies fail to exceed their customer service expectations.
Source: American Express
In a study by Sword-Ciboodle of brands using social media:
- 91% of respondents believe that providing customer service over social channels is a good thing for their customers
- 89% think it is a good thing for their organization.
- 24% say social increased their customer satisfaction.
- Only 14% say this was about meeting customer expectations
How long do you wait on the phone?
- The average American is willing to wait 13 minutes on hold for customer service (Source: Various)
Social Sign-On Increasing:
- 45% of users opt to use their social log in when arriving at a site and given the option. Facebook, not surprisingly, dominates in this arena.
And for the ROI lovers out there
The vast majority of companies who had invested in social media saw a positive shift in their bottom line as a result. Source: eMarketer
- Cinco De Mayo commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of the Puebla
- Cinco De Mayo is a bigger deal in the US than in Mexico
- The White House celebrated Cinco De Mayo yesterday (May 3, 2012) and served the following:
Homemade Corn and Plantain Chips
Guacamole en Molcajete
Pico de Gallo
Sushi Grade Tuna with Tamari-Lime Marinade Shrimp Cocktail Tequila-poached Gulf Shrimp with Avocado-Cascabel Pepper Relish Chile Flavored Rice Crispies Ensalada de Sandía Compressed Watermelon Queso Fresco and Mountain Mint
Tacos de Carnitas
Slow-braised pork with Tomatillo Sauce
Tacos de Pescado
Grilled Yellowtail Snapper with Cilantro Slaw
Cordero Al Mole de Tamarindo
Espresso-rubbed Grilled Lamb Chops
Wild Mushroom, Chihuahua Cheese,
Roasted Poblanos and Crema
Cayo de Hacha Al Pipián
Seared Scallops with Pumpkin Seed Oil
Coconut Tres Lechés
Mexican Wedding Cookies
Vanilla Orange Arroz con Leché
Source: Lynn Sweet