Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some of our favorites from this week:
Interesting Stats about Social Media and Social Actions
- There are now more than 1 billion users of social media worldwide, most on mobile. More.
- Millennials (93%) continue to use Facebook more than any other site, far exceeding Twitter (53%), Google+ (45%), LinkedIn (32%), Tumblr (31%), and Pinterest (26%). More.
- 46% of total global consumers are willing to pay extra for products and services from companies that have implemented programs that give back to society. More.
Data About TV/Movie Viewers
- 19% of viewers say they have been activated by social media to start watching a TV show. (5% say always or frequently)
- 10% start conversations because of the shows/movies they watch
- 6% say they participate in social media while viewing a show.
Just For Fun
- Lightning strikes about 6,000 times per minute on this planet!
- A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!
- The yo-yo was originally a weapon used in the Philippine jungles.