Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some of our favorites from this week:
Great Post on Ragan.com called “52 Cool Facts About Social Media,” here are some highlights:
- Facebook: 25% of Facebook users don’t bother with any kind of privacy control. More.
- Twitter: 30% of Twitter users have an income of more than $100,000
- LinkedIn: Two new members sign up to LinkedIn every second
- YouTube: The average visitor spends 15 minutes per day on YouTube
- Blogging: 20% of bloggers have been blogging for more than 6 years
- Pinterest: The most popular age group is 25-34 years old, which is 27.4% of the user base
- Instagram: More than 5 million images are uploaded every day
- Google+: Google+ is adding 625,000 new users every day
Curious and Fun stats also reported by Ragan.com:
- Klout: Justin Bieber is the only person with a perfect Klout score of 100
- One in five couples meet online; three in five gay couples meet online
- In the U.K., there are twice as many smartphone users than cigarette smokers
- On Facebook, links about sex are shared 90 percent more than any other link
- On Instagram, Earlybird is the most popular filter, with 12.5 percent users preferring it
Fun Stats (that have nothing to do with Social Media):
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
- The oldest known goldfish lived to 41 years of age. Its name was Fred.
- Most lipstick contains fish scales!