Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some of our favorites from this week:
1. Influencer Stat
– 53% of sales lift is driven by consumer advocacy (Source: WOMMA, 2012)
– 27.9 Million Moms are on Social Networks = 82.1% penetration (source: eMarketer, 2012)
Compared with the general population Moms are (Source: BabyCenter, 2012):
- 45% more likely to use social media
- 13% more likely to like a brand on Facebook
- 63% more likely to have 200+ friends on Facebook
Within Social Media, Moms say they are most influenced by (Source: Totsy, 2012) :
- 49.5% Product Reviews
- 20.7% Friends opinions online
- 18.3% Blogs
- 11.5% General Social Buzz
3. Twitter stats from Pew Internet & American Life Project, “Twitter Use 2012,”
– 39% of news on Twitter is news that consumers “would not get anywhere else”
– 29% of internet users have clicked on a promoted Tweet
- By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can’t sink in quicksand.
- About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30.
- In Kentucky, it’s the law that a person must take a bath once a year.
- In Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum.
- It is against the law in Connecticut for a man to write love letters to a girl whose mother or father has forbidden the relationship.