Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Last week we read a study from BlogHer called, eMoms 2012, which shared great insight into how moms utilize the web. I think we all know the power of “mom” in the blogosphere, but reports like this are always good to give us the updated details. Some of the standouts in the report include:
- Moms are “hyper-connected,” with 99% owning a computer and 83% owning a smartphone
- Toddlers are using their moms’ devices, with more 1/2 reporting their children under 3 use their laptops (those of us with toddlers know this to be 100% true!!!)
- More than 1/2 of online moms make decisions for their families based on blog advice, such as purchasing a food product (56%) or watching a TV show (54%)
- 97% of moms actually use their mobile phones to make phone calls 🙂
- Both working moms and stay-at-home moms rank “Spanking” as their #2 major parenting issue
See below for a breakout of preferred trust agents for Mom: You can see the whole SlideShare report below (if it doesn’t work – we were having some trouble on some browsers – yes, talking to you Chrome – you can see it HERE.)
- Arab women can initiate a divorce if their husbands don’t pour coffee for them.
- Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to watch TV for 3 hours.
- Smearing a small amount of dog feces on an insect bite will relieve the itching and swelling.
- Catfish are the only animals that naturally have an odd number of whiskers.