Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some recent favorites:
Email + Social
Experion did a survey recently and found that when consumer targeted emails have subject lines and content that points to brands’ social properties, they have greater impact. Some of the highlights of the findings include:
- Top social networks displayed or promoted in email
- Facebook 97%
- Twitter 91%
- YouTube 45%
- Pinterest 32%
- Since 2010, the number of brands using email subject lines to encourage customers to like or follow has grown about 70% for each site
- Number of emails calling to “Like us on Facebook” = 60 (2010), 100 (2012)
- Number of emails calling to “Follow me on Twitter” = 15 (2010), 28 (2012)
- Open and click rates are higher for emails promoting Pinterest than those for Facebook & Twitter
- Unique Open Rates:
- Facebook = 12.7%
- Twitter = 14.0%
- Pinterest = 14.1%
- Unique Click Rates:
- Facebook = 1.9%
- Twitter = 2.3%
- Pinterest = 2.6%
- 60% of brands that sent emails with “Facebook” in the subject line averaged a 27% increase in traffic to their website from Facebook the week following deployment
- Unique open rates for Twitter ‘Follow Us’ mailings are 9.5% higher than those for their other mailings.
- Mailings promoting Pinterest are generating open rates 11% higher than other mailings, and unique click rates almost 25% higher
Keep in mind that links to visuals on your social networks are clicked, viewed, and shared more than anything else.
- On Facebook brand pages, videos are shared 12x more than links and text posts combined
- Photos are “Liked” 2x more than text updates
- The French language has seventeen different words for ‘surrender’.
- Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.
- Bob Dylan’s real name is Robert Zimmerman.