Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some of our favorites from this week:
Twitter beats Facebook in ad revenue
Both companies earn far less mobile revenue than companies with more established mobile ad platforms like Google and Pandora, though growth in mobile revenues at both social networks is expected to remain high throughout the forecast period. Read MORE.
Ever wonder what Links Twitter users are sharing?
One area that has seen major growth over the past year has been social photo-sharing, especially with the rise in popularity of mobile photo application Instagram. Diffbot found that:
- 15% of photos shared worldwide on Twitter came from Instagram
- Second only to direct Twitter image-sharing, at 40%.
- YouTube was the most popular video-sharing site, with 60% of all video links on Twitter going to YouTube.
- A crocodile can’t poke its tongue out
- Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don’t drift away from each other.
- A small child could swim through the veins of a blue whale.