Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some of our favorites from this past week:
Among US retailers on Faceobok, promo activities are far more common than commerce efforts. Per the latest Retail Touchpoints Exposed report from ExactTarget, brands on Facebook:
- 48% run contests
- 37% promote twitter and YouTube account
- 5% utilize fCommerce (Facebook Commerce)
Many major retailers have closed down Facebook commerce operations.
Social Channels / Properties
- 1 Facebook fan = 20 additional website visits. Read More.
- 40% of Twitter users say they search for products through Twitter. Read More.
Smart phone use on social networks appears to mirror that of employment status.
- Twitter users are more likely to be employed than LinkedIn users
Source: InSites Consulting
Social: Mobile Social Network Usage
Per Insites Consulting’s Social Around the World 2012 Report:
Increasingly, social media users want to be involved in content creation
- 80-90% say they want to be involved in co-creation
- 64% want to help improve products or services
- 59% want to help create new products or services.
- 45% want to be involved in creating advertising campaigns.
Also, market research fosters good will and purchase intent.
- 56% of consumers say they feel more loyal to a brand that takes the time to ask their opinions
- It snowed in the Sahara desert for 30 minutes on the 18th of February 1979.
- Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
- If you leave everything to the last minute… it will only take a minute.