Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some of our favorites from this past week:
Comscore recently published their “State of the US Online Retail Economy in Q2 2012” report. Per eMarketer, this report, “analyzed the top 20 site categories with a high concentration of Pinterest users. For travel marketers looking to reap decent ROI from their social efforts, the study showed Pinterest users have a high interest in travel content related specifically to transactions. Coming in at eighth on the list, 18.6% of visitors to travel sites with transaction-centered content were also on Pinterest. It appears, at least when it comes to travel, that Pinterest users do have a buyer’s mentality.”
- 1 in 6 visitors to travel sites are also Pinterest
Social Channel: Facebook
- 50% of organic post reach is received within the first 30 mins after posting. Source: SocialBakers
- 20 of your most engaged fans is equal to 75 of your average fans. Source: Napkins Labs
Industry – Hispanics in Social Media
- Hispanics show higher use than the general US population:
- Texting picture of a product to friends/family – 35% more likely
- Shared product info on a social network – 133% more likely
- Watch Less TV – 24% less each month
- Greater use of Mobile – 14% more
- Use of digital on all screens – 5% more
Just for Fun
- Where did you put your money this past week?
- Had you invested in Facebook on Monday of this week, you would have received a 22% ROI.
- Investing in LinkedIn would have given you an 8% return.
- If you were risk averse, you may have invested in the general market (S&P 500). Woops. Missed opportunity this week!