Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape. Here are some of our favorites that we collected this week.
Battle of the Sexes, Twitter Style
In a recent post on AllTwitter, they’ve created a giant infographic (posted below) that stresses how men and women utilize social media and who uses which social platform more/less. Per the article, “recent studies suggest that almost three-quarters (71 percent) of internet female users are active on one or more social media sties, compared to slightly less than two-thirds (62 percent) of men.” Other highlights:
- 62% of Twitter users are women
- 58% of Facebook users are men
- 70% of Pinterest users are women
- 64% of Google+ users are men
- 54% of LinkedIn users are men
- 54% of YouTube users are men
What’s the Deal with Snapchat?
It’s what your kids are into. If you don’t know, it’s the messaging service where pictures and texts disappear moments after you receive them. How many photos are uploaded a day? Per Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel:
- Currently Snapchat users are sending about 150 Million photos a day
- To put in context, Instagram has an estimated 40 million new pics uploaded a day