Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape and we try to share a lot of what we learn with you in these posts.
44% of People Plan a Trip Using a Smartphone or Tablet
Somo, a mobile marketing specialist, has pulled together some of the latest mobile travel trends to give a snapshot of how mobile consumers are versus the travel industry.
The company, which works with players such as Air Asia Expedia, brings in information from recent studies such as the Expedia Travel report and the IAB Mobile Audit.
Key points include:
- 30 million people now search for travel information via mobile devices each month.
- 44% plan their trip with a mobile phone or tablet, 61% purchased air travel or a hotel stay on a tablet and 51% did the same via a smartphone.
- 32% of the UK’s travel companies have no mobile presence.
- Only two of the UK’s top 50 travel companies have a responsive website.
- 62% of top carriers use mobile boarding passes but none have a responsive website.