Every week we compile lots of interesting stats here at Fanscape and we try to share a lot of what we learn with you in these posts. With the holiday season in full swing, this week’s post is focused on the expected habits of consumers during the busiest shopping season of the year.
The Average Shopper will do 44% of Holiday Shopping Online
An infographic from Shortstack reports that consumers who celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa will spend an average of $804.42 this year. The infographic also says mobile devices, social media and email will play large roles in customer’s holiday shopping habits this season.
Here’s a look at how consumers will use online and mobile:
- The average shopper will do 44% of holiday shopping online
- More than 80 percent (84 percent) of shoppers use their mobile devices before or during a shopping trip.
- One in three shoppers uses his smartphone for information while shopping instead of asking an employee.
- Mobile commerce will make up 33 percent of online holiday sales in the U.S. this year.
- Twenty-five percent of shoppers say whether a retailer has an easy-to-use mobile website is an important factor in their decision to shop there.